February 15, 2023 MRDC Regular/Virtual Board Meeting Minutes
Meridian River Development Corporation
A non-profit Entity of The Housing Authority of the City of Tampa
I. Call to Order
Chairman Cloar called the meeting of the Meridian River Development Corporation Board of Directors to order at 10:48 am. Also present for this meeting were Director Parker Homans, Lorena Hardwick, Sul Hemani, Bemetra Salter-Liggins, Billi Johnson-Griffin, and legal counsel Ricardo Gilmore. Director Ben Dachepalli was not present for this meeting.
II. Approval of Minutes
A motion to approve the Minutes from the January 20, 2021 regular meeting was made by Director Homans, seconded by Director Salter-Liggins:
Director Homans - Yes
Director Hardwick - Yes
Director Hemani - Present
Director Cloar - Yes
Director Salter-Liggins - Yes
Director Johnson-Griffin - Yes
III. Public Forum
- There was none to come before this forum.
IV. New Business
- Attorney Ricardo Gilmore opened the floor for nominations for the position of Chair.
- Director Salter Liggins nominated Director Cloar for Chair of the Board of Directors of the Meridian River Development Corporation. There being no other nominations the floor closed.
- Attorney Ricardo Gilmore opened the floor for nominations for the position of Vice-Chair.
- Director Johnson-Griffin nominated Director Salter Liggins for Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Meridian River Development Corporation. There being no other nominations the floor closed.
- James Cloar is elected Chair. Bemetra Salter Liggins is elected Vice-Chair.
There being no further business to come before this Board, the Chair adjourned the meeting at 10:50 am.
Approved this 15th Day of February 2023.