Payment Standards: Effective May 1, 2023
Definition of Payment Standard
- 24 CFR 982.4
- Payment standard. The maximum monthly assistance payment for a family assisted in the voucher program (before deducting the total tenant payment by the family).
Use of the Payment Standard
- 24 CFR 982.505
- A payment standard is used to calculate the monthly housing assistance payment (HAP) for the family.
- The payment standard for the family is the lower of:
- The payment standard amount for the family unit (voucher) size
- The payment standard amount for the size of the dwelling unit rented by the family