Rent Café gives tenants the ability to recertify their eligibility online, make a rental payment, and place work orders online. Click here to go to the Rent Café Portal page.
To view the Recertification Staff, please click here. Staff can also be reached at 813.253.0551.
- All recertification packets are mailed out 120 days prior to lease end.
- Recertification packets must be returned within 15 days from date of the letter unless an appointment was scheduled.
- Bring all forms to the appointment. If you are a person with a disability and require reasonable accommodation, please contact your counselor.
- All members age 18 years and older must also sign the recertification packet, including those family members who will turn 18 within 6 months.
- All forms must be signed, dated, and or completed, leaving no blanks.
- Provide supporting documentation in regard to income and assets. (pay stubs, bank statements, etc.)
- Review leases prior to making the decision to renew. Landlords may request rental increases after the initial year, which may affect your tenant's portion of the rent.
- Report all household income changes within ten (10) days in writing. Interim change forms should be submitted separately from the recertification packet.
- Before making the decision to move, review the lease for any special stipulations. Please provide written notice to vacate according to the provisions of the lease to the landlord and copy to the housing counselor.
- Rent and any charges must be current before vacating the unit.
- Vouchers are normally issued 45 days in advance.
- Voucher term is for 60 days.
- Make prior arrangements with the landlord in case you do not find a suitable unit and have to stay an additional 30 days.
- Moves that are not within your recertification time should provide a completed mutual recession form signed by both landlord and tenant. (If you are in the initial year, you will not be allowed to move.)
- Keep your unit in good repair. For any damages, contact the owner immediately. You may be responsible to pay for any damages that are beyond normal wear and tear.
- Keep your utilities "ON" at ALL times during your tenancy, and the utilities must be billed under an adult member of the household who resides in the unit.
- Consider all factors before moving, such as the cost of utilities, neighborhood crime, school rating, transportation, etc.